Signature stations are used to activate access accounts for faculty, staff, and students.
If you attended the New Student Orientation (NSO) during the summer, then you should already have your Penn State Access Account.
If not, then take your Penn State photo ID card (id+ Card) to one of the Penn State Access Account signature stations listed below and follow the instructions listed. Make note of your user ID and password when these are displayed on the screen.
If you have problems using the Penn State Access Account signature station, then please contact computer support staff at the location of the signature station (if applicable), the ITS Accounts Office, one of the ITS consulting locations at University Park, or consulting locations at other campuses.
Faculty and Staff
If you are an employee, then apply for your Penn State Access Account by completing and submitting a paper form to the ITS Computer Accounts Office, 204 Wagner Building, University Park. Forms are available from the ITS Account Services Office, or you can fill out the Access Account Application for Faculty and Staff form that’s located on the Forms and Links page.
After three (3) business days, you can obtain your user ID and password by taking your Penn State id+ Card to any of the Penn State Access Account signature stations listed below. If you have problems using the Penn State Access Account signature station, then please contact computer support staff at the location of the signature station (if applicable), the ITS Account Services Office, one of the ITS consulting locations at University Park, or consulting locations at other campuses.
Signature Station Locations
Signature Stations will be decommissioned on Tuesday September 5, 2017.
The Electronic Account Activation process will replace Signature Stations.
- 103 Boucke Building
- 204 Wagner Building (IT Service Desk and ITS Account Services Office)
- 15 Sparks Building
- W102A Pattee (Sidewater Commons)
- W116 Pattee Library (Knowledge Commons Service Desk)
- 201 Pollock Library
- 107 Waring Commons
- 107 Warnock Commons
- 5A Katz Building
- 170 Physical Plant Building (Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.)
- 329 Building, Suite 306 OTS Lobby (Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
Note: Penn State Access Account signature stations are available during regular lab hours. A campus map and hours for each of these locations can be obtained online at Classroom and Lab Computing.
- Lares Building, Information Desk
- Library, 1st floor
- Scheduling office, 121 Sutherland Building
- 347 Woodland Building
- 237 Woodland Building
- Hawthorne Building, 2nd floor – Room 234, Main Lab
- Downtown Conference Center – 1431 12th Avenue, Room Devorris 101, 814-949-5815. Contact: PSU Altoona Help Desk at 814-949-5363. Information is also available on the Penn State Altoona Information Technology
- Registrar’s Office, across from 102 Administration Building
- General Classroom Building, Room 7
- Between Broadhead Bistro and Student Union Building
Note: During NSO, the signature station across from 102 Administration Building is in the Special Events room in Broadhead Bistro.
- Burke Center, by the Computer Help Desk
- Computer Center, 135 Hammermill
- Senat Hall
- Registrar’s Office, Metzger Building
Contact: email support.
- Franco Building, across from the Registrar
- 110 Luerssen Building
- Thun Library, across from the IT Help Desk
Note: Signature stations are available during regular Lab hours. Hours can be found at the Penn State Berks site.
- 128 Vairo Library Building
- Campus Library, 201 Vairo
Note: Signature stations are available during regular Lab hours. Hours can be found on the Brandywine Libraries site.
- Suite 10 IT Department
- 248 Swift Building – IT Department
- 256 Swift Building – SAFARI
- 201 Swift Building – Computer Lab
- Staff are available to assist with Signature Stations Monday – Friday 8A-5PM
in the IT Department and SAFARI.
- The Signature Station in the Swift Computer Lab Hours available at
- Eberly Building, Room 107 (2 signature stations)
- Main Building, Admissions/Registration Area
Note: Email Penn State Great Valley Help Desk or call 610-648-3230
- Registrar’s Office, 102 Frable Building
- IT Help Desk – Basement Olmsted Building (2 stations)
- Town Square Olmsted Building (1 station)
- Library (1 station)
- E303 Olmsted Building
Note: Please contact the Harrisburg computer support staff regarding hours of availability.
- Butler Building, Rooms 116 and 204 (Computer Lab)
Note: Computer Center Staff is available to help with the signature station in 116 Butler. In general, anyone needing help should contact the HN Help Desk, located in 116 Butler. Call 570-450-3456 or e-mail HN Help Desk.
- Harrell Health Science Library, C1618
Note: Signature stations are available during regular library hours.
- Open Access Lab (Main Lab) and Room 224 in the Academic Building
- 101A General Studies Building (Main Academic Building)
- 102 Goddard House
- 101 Library
- The Mill Cafe (during NSO only)
- Computer Center in the Blissell Building Basement
- Front of the lab at Help Desk Station in the Cotler Computer Center in the Classroom Building.
- Student Union, 1st floor Sharon Hall
- Registrar’s Office, 201 Sharon Hall
- Bell Center for Technology, upper level lobby (outside room 101)
- Bell Center for Technology, lower level lobby (outside room 14)
- Bell Center for Technology, 108 (Media Commons)
- Student Commons, Internet Cafe
- J.R.M Student Services Center
Note: For assistance with the signature stations please contact:
- Call 570-675-9153 or email
- ITS Help Desk Staff: visit (Technology Center, Room 104), call (570-675-9140), or email ITS Help Desk staff.
- 115 Dawson
Note: Information Technology Support staff are available to help with the signature station and ID cards. Anyone needing help should contact the Worthington-Scranton IT Support staff in Dawson 116, or call the IT Support Center at 570-963-2551, see the lab attendant on duty, or send e-mail to IT Support.
- 106 IST Building (2 signature stations)
- Penn State Learning Center – 152 E. Market St., Suite 100, Lewistown, PA 17044
Note: Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (and some evenings), phone 717-248-9618.