Provisioning is the process of preparing and equipping a network to allow it to provide services to users, and CACTUS (Central Accounts Coordinate Tracking User Services) is a service used to provision identities and services at Penn State.
CACTUS processes data to update its database, provision identities and services, and perform various other functions.
The benefits of CACTUS include (but are not limited to):
- Provisioning and deprovisioning faculty, staff, students, and designated affiliates
- Provisioning and deprovisioning services
- Allowing CACTUS Account personnel to manually process when necessary
- Updating directory
- Creating batch provisioning email daily
- Assigning instructor entitlements
- Processing confidentiality hold requests from users
- Request to send mass email
- Update/Renew ITS Charge Account
- Update an ITS Service Group
- STAA Distribution Center
- STAA Management Center
Service Availability and Maintenance
Service is available 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
However, in order to keep systems running at peak performance and to ensure the best possible service, routine testing and maintenance is performed during the daily maintenance window from 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. EST/EDT. During this time, systems and services may be affected. Unanticipated urgent service issues may require maintenance at other times.
There is no charge for this service.
Penn State departments and individuals responsible for Penn State provisioning.
CACTUS authorization is limited to individuals who are responsible for provisioning at Penn State.
Those who use CACTUS must be responsible for Penn State provisioning.
If you believe that you should be granted access to CACTUS, then email Identity Services.
Check the Support page for information on Identity Services and IT Service desk support.